Sunday, June 26, 2005

Rabbit Hole

I continue to plunge deeper into the rabbit hole. I am trying to see most of my friends in a small group situation before I leave. Or I’m calling those who don’t live near me. I am spending countless hours communicating. It’s nice to say goodbye and it’s a welcome distraction from the other chaos in my life…. Then again, I’m really the one creating discord so I only have myself to blame.

Getting crunk? I’m trying to veer away from that path, but it certainly happens more than I like to admit. Unfortunately, being from Montana, socializing equates to drinking. I like to drink, but it’s not good to do it all the time. It hurts you physically, mentally, and the ol’ pocketbook suffers as well.

I’m trying to think of other ways to entertain myself, but it’s something that I am undeniably awful at doing. I’m the youngest of five siblings, so I always had someone around to amuse me (or fight with). My tv’s screen is on the fritz, so this makes it even more difficult to entertain myself. I was raised watching cable tv, even during dinner. It seemed more important than hearing about everybody’s good damn day when you really don’t care as a kid.

I should be studying my kanji right now, a refresher. That requires discipline. Hey, I’m an American, that’s just not the way it usually works around here. Also, my language skills are sorely lacking. It seems like without the tv that I have a lot of free time. Maybe too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home