Sunday, October 09, 2005

Mall Day

I finally made it to the mall today. There’s one 3 stops away from my station. It’s nice. It’s pretty classy too. For example, the food court did not consist of sketchy mother fuckers where you were always wondering if some teenager is going to mug you or not. There weren’t any screaming kids. I did see a cool t-shirt at the mall though. It said “They like a good whipping.” Hmmm. (Another patch on a bag I saw a few days ago that a guy was wearing said, “Suck my fuckin’ twat.” I love that a guy was wearing it. Sorry, didn’t get a photo of it. There wasn’t enough time. But yet another classic Engrish moment.)

Basically, I only bought work clothes today. I need them. I was in desperate need of khakis. I’m still broke, but I NEEDED them dammit. It’s important to have khakis and button downs, otherwise what would I wear to work? I’ve gotta look decent, no sluttin’ clothes at work. That would be bad.

My friends and I decided that most things here in Japan are becoming “normal” to us. So, things that used to make us wonder, make our heads turn, just usually don’t any more. For example, people dress quite wildly here, but we saw this magazine (remember that my former co-worker, LL Cool, had purchased a book entitled “Fresh Fruits”?) showing people dressed up here. The magazine of women was called “Fruits” (hmm. coincidence I think not) and the zine of men “Tune.” Frankly, we thought the names of the zines should be switched around because J-men are so fruity. Anyway, just an FYI on that.

A lot of the stores are “bohemian chic” which is bizarre (from an American standpoint), but so typical. It’s amazing how expensive that crap was, even in the mall. So, we hit the Gap (haha, yes it’s everywhere), UniClo (cheap but nice clothes, ok, a J-version of the Gap perhaps, and a ton of other miscellaneous stores. BTW UniClo hems pants for free. So, listen to all of you short people (why the hell am I getting my pants hemmed here? I’m taller than a lot of people, dammit) it’s FREE. And it only took about 30-45 minutes too. Damn. Now, that’s customer service.

Wow. It was a good day. Shopping heaven. I’ve been trying to learn more about the shopping at local train stations here. I always go to Namba, but there’s so much shopping everywhere. I’m learning where all the deals are. It’s great.

Hmm. Better rest up. It’s Saturday night, time for the club in a couple of hours. (^0^)v

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home