Friday, September 30, 2005

OMG--I'm About to Explode

So, I’m still full and I stopped eating lunch around 1 pm—that’s 5 hours of being full. I’m in a food coma. I’m about ready to pass out. I went to the school’s nearby grocery store for some take out sushi and after I ate it, a teacher invited me to eat with a group of teachers.

This was the second time that I was invited to this other teachers’ lounge for lunch and the third day in a row that I ate with some teachers. Usually, I just sit at my desk and sometimes brave the cafeteria. Today they made okonomiyaki and I’m not sure what the other dish was. The second thing was batter with onions topped with kimchi. I ate and ate and ate. The iced tea kept flowing too. Some of the okonomiyaki had natto .

I think that the teachers are beginning to realize two important things about me 1. I’ll eat just about anything (and usually like it) 2. I’m trying to learn Japanese. So, I think that they’re beginning to warm up to me a bit more. We had fun. They taught me some Japanese and they asked me questions about the U.S. and what I like to eat.

Whew! It was awesome! Onaka ga ippai desu nee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home