Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Pizza and Beer

Well, it seems that a keitai (cell) can totally change your world. As confusing as the cell phone is in Japan, it`s so worth it. I only have about 35 minutes to actually talk, but I can send about 1400 e-mails a month! This explains why I usually see people looking at their phones and not actually talking on them.

The world of the home phone is also confusing. It costs money to dial to another home phone, and even more to a keitai. I really don`t understand. It`s very complicated.

I forgot that you can drink pretty much anywhere here. There aren`t any open container laws....So, I spent Friday night watching some skateboarders, drinking beer in downtown Osaka. Namba station. That`s where all the little hip-hop kids go to breakdance(actually there was an article about it in a local `zine). A lot of crazy goth, I guess, kids hang out too. It`s pretty fresh.

Saturday I went to Kyoto again for an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet. Wacky-ass Japanese pizza. One pizza had shrimp, squid, and canned (I swear to gawd) tuna. I`ve had similar pizzas in the past, but they were of course gourmet, made by Chef himself. Another pizza had what seemed like hotdogs on it. The salad bar had shredded cabbage instead of lettuce. But, don`t get me wrong, it was good and greasy. It`s called Shakey`s Pizza--wasn`t there a chain in the US with that name?

Apparently, along with no open container laws, you can light fireworks too. I saw a whole bunch of people chillin` next to the river in Kyoto drinking and lighting off fireworks. I watched for awhile, but my friends each had a long train ride home. The trains stop at midnight and don`t start again until 5 or 6 am.

Tomorrow, back to Namba for me to meet my friend. Who knows what we`ll do. (At least have lunch.) Yummy!

1 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Bex said...

Glad to help. Soon I should have the net at home to check more shit out. For now, it`s costing me some yen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home