Saturday, September 10, 2005

It`s that Time Again--Yawn!

Yeah, 3 pm on a Friday afternoon. Except, I have the school festival this weekend, so it hardly seems like Friday. There aren`t many people in the office because they`re busy helping the students and I`m trying not to go into a carb coma. It does kindof remind me of the last job where everyone left the office around 2:30 or 3 every Friday. It`s usually not like that here. In fact, last Friday, I think I was the first one to leave around 4:30 or 5. Even the students were still here.

I`m slipping away, people. Too much rice for lunch. I`m drinking the (free) cold tea to try to stay awake. I don`t think it`s working. Another JET e-mailed me saying that they turned off the ac and she`s been sleeping with her eyes open. She was also doing the classic trick of sleeping with a book to make it look legit. I mentioned that the teachers here just sleep on the couches in the office and the students (as she already knows) sleep at their desks (and this is acceptable!). The exchange student told me that he sleeps in the library. (BTW it`s not okay in Australia to sleep at your desk as a student either.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home