Saturday, September 10, 2005

Hard Rock Cafe

Okay, I caved. A lot of other JET`s decided that they missed American cuisine and we all headed out to the Hard Rock Cafe for expensive drinks and burgers. Ummm, burgers.... I had two Long Island Iced Tea`s and a cheese burger. Pretty much everyone had a (bacon) cheeseburger. I`ve never been to a Hard Rock before, it always seemed ridiculously expensive and just retarded. Apparently, everyone that had actually been to a Hard Rock had only been in ones abroad. It must be a haven worldwide for gaijin.

Today, there aren`t any classes in prepartion for this weekend`s school festival. So, here I sit, hogging a computer (we have to share, not my favorite activity). I should be studying Japanese, but I will be soon....

I`ve been editing student`s short essays that are about Japanese culture. It`s pretty cool to read about facets of their culture that I`ve never considered. But it`s difficult to edit their work because I don`t know the culture and many of them literally translate from Japanese into English. Translating just doesn`t really work that well, I`ve done enough to want to go postal on people. The structure is too different to do it easily.

Well, it`s lunch time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home