Sunday, July 03, 2005

Counting Down

Only three weeks left to go. In some ways, it seems like an eternity. Yet, I probably don't have time to contact everyone to say goodbye either. I hope to have a going away party next week which means scraping together some cash and calling everyone I can think of to invite.

Yep, I am emotionally drained. I feel like I'm 18 again going away to college. I only went to that out of state school for a semester...but I've been in Minneapolis for eight years. I didn't know anybody when I moved to Minnesota, I had never even been here before. So, I know that I should be able to handle Osaka. I've been there, I have a couple of friends there, and I'm hoping to meet more people. I think I can handle that. Who doesn't like meeting people, right?

I'm definately in the nervous stage right now. I'm excited to go, but scared as hell that I'll fall off the edge of the earth into a depressive benthos. Or at least to the bottom of a martini glass. That's why I need to meet more people. I guess that I'll be moving into an apartment where my neighbors speak English, so that will be some sort of reprieve.

Hmm. It's 4th of July weekend. I have no plans and it's a three day weekend. It seems weird to not have a lot going on. Of course, I really don't remember the last of many 4th weekends. Not like I go boozing, but I don't have a boat or really any friends that have boats. (That's what people do in Minnesota in the summertime for recreation.) Actually, I've only ever been in a row boat which makes me a freak in this neck of the woods. A lot of people also own cabins here. Being from Montana, it seems like many people's houses seemed like cabins anyway. So, why would own a cabin if your home is kindof a piece of shit? People just can't afford those luxuries in Montana, well, usually.

Maybe I'll try to catch some festivities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home