Sunday, October 16, 2005

Himeji Castle




Yesterday, I went to Himeji where one of the fiercest festivals was supposed to be held. It was raining all day, so it was postponed until today. I was somewhat disappointed because this festival has people carrying floats, they run at full speed and then hit each other. It’s supposed to be awesome, better than the other festival Kishiwada that I had some pic’s of (but I missed the good part of that where they run full speed). It cost 1450 yen one way just to get to Himeji, so we made the best of it. (Payday is Monday. Jeez, it's seems so far away.)

Himeji is considered to be one of the three best castles in Japan. It was a lot of fun. It takes awhile to see everything. You actually have to walk up the stairs too, unlike Osaka Castle which has an elevator!

I love the tiles on the roofs here, just in general. But check these out:





I really enjoyed walking around the inside of the castle grounds.



The view from the top is nice. You can really see how rainy it was yesterday.







The garden was also amazing. It was so peaceful with the rain. The leaves haven't changed colors yet, I'm told that it's about another month away. But, some of the trees were beginning to turn. Here I am.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home