Thursday, October 13, 2005

National Sports Day--ah I love 3 day weekends

I went to a little town, Sasayama, on Monday. It was a nice drive to a little town northwest of Osaka. I really hadn’t been to a small town here in Japan yet, so it was pretty cool. It was the “black bean” festival. The black beans weren’t like the Mexican variety you may think of, but rather they looked like green beans. I guess they’re green until you bake them. I really didn’t figure that part out, not very obvious. They are tasty. I eat them at restaurants all the time like an app. Hmm.

There were these stuffed, wild pigs everywhere. I saw them as statues on the bridge too. Hmm. I really don’t understand what that was all about, but the pork sure did taste good. Umm. Pork.



Next, we drove up to a little place a little ways away to look/shop for pottery. This little town is well known for its pottery. I was drowning in pottery. It was super cool, but I couldn’t think straight after seeing so much of it. And I wasn’t sure what I should really buy since I’m only living here temporarily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home