Wednesday, August 24, 2005

First Day of Work

Yeah, maybe most of you thought I have been actually working this entire time. Well, I`ve had a lot of meetings, seminars, orientations, and miscell. crap, but I really hadn`t been to my school that much.

Today, I actually made a lesson plan. Really, it took me most of the day. First of all, because I have no idea what level the students are at, I had to think about what I wanted to teach, and frankly, I felt like crap in general. I had a headache and some other problems, but such is life. Thankfully, Japanese people really aren`t productive. I know you probably think that they are, but that`s just a myth. It`s all about face time and seeming like you`re busy. Remind anyone of corportate America? Well, I think it might be worse.

Anyway, I think that my first actual class is next week. I have to prepare a 5 minute speech for next Monday that is going to be in front of the whole school--in Japanese.... Now, you know why I really joined Toastbastards. I mean Toastcocks. I mean Toastmasters. Whatever. You know what I`m talking about.

I went to lunch with 3 other teachers. We had the lunch special. Each of us had a (snapper?) fish head. You know, the fish head is really lucky in Japan? Of course it is. I guess that`s what working 2 years in the fish market prepared me for--the inevitable fish head meal. It wasn`t too bad. I wondered after lunch, what was sticking to the back of my teeth. Then it dawned on me, a fish scale! That`s all it could possibly be. And that`s exactly what it was. Hmm.

It might be bento boxes for me from now on. ;) Just kidding. I like bizarre food. Even natto. (Look it up. I`m paying for the freakin` internet right now. Geez.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home