Saturday, August 13, 2005

Tex-Mex

Yeah, I know. I should be eating more of the local cuisine and not some knock-off bullshit Mexican food. I was with a group of gaijins, we were hungry, and didn`t know the area that well. So, we saw a sign for Guinness (I would say that the Irish guy likes it, but the real Guinness is found in Ireland) and had to go. It really wasn`t that bad. It wasn`t expensive, but the portions weren`t large either.

I did learn some interesting phrases and spellings from the Irish folk and the guy from South Africa. It seems that a girl "falls" pregnant, as though it were a disease or something. The letter "z" is called "zed." Realize versus realise--I always wondered why both seemed correct to me. In S.A., the traffic lights are called "robots," nobody understood that one. If someone is going crazy, you can say they`ve "taken mad" or gone "lolly." I know the list is longer, but I can`t remember them all.

It`s fun hanging around foreigners. Oh, wait, that includes me. (Of course, everyone knows I`m cool.)

1 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Blogger Felipe said...

Seriously you should be hitting up the skimono fun pickled wierdness. You know not much beats the shit we ate at Mateo and Elsa's house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home