Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Beer Vending Machine

Did I ever mention how dangerous this can be? I`m staying in a hotel near Kansai airport where it`s pretty plush--especially by Japanese standards. There`s a karaoke room, it smells like a petting zoo. Outside of the room, convenient no?, is the beer machine. 200 yen for a 500 ml beer--malt too if you like.

Originally, I was planning to buy my beer at the conbini near by, but it doesn`t sell liquor. So, fuck it, just go back to the hotel. 200 yen is quite a bargain, I just didn`t know how the price before I was out and about shopping. Plus, can you beat the convenience factor?

I don`t even know how many I had. We were singing karaoke, drinking, smoking (that`s why the room smells like ass), and being belligerent. It was great, until we had to get up for breakfast.

The conversation at the breakfast table (hey, the only reason I made it to breakfast is because we were forced to pay for it in advance) was something about who was the most drunk. I say that there is no way you can quantify such a thing. One guy had 6 beers--do the math and you`ll soon realize that it`s 3 liters. He looked super drunk last night. Someone else broke the toilet seat. Oops. Well, you get the drift.

Too convenient, too cheap, and we`re too stupid.

Umm. Beeeerrrrr.

The karaoke was fun too. Can you believe that it has 2 Live Crew`s song "We Want Some Pussy"? Interesting. The English on screen was incorrect often as well, or should I say Engrish? (Yeah, I love that they have dry creaning here.)

Now, time for lunch and then a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home