Saturday, August 20, 2005

Hair Cut

I`m not sure why, but I was actually nervous about getting a hair cut. It`s wierd that I was nervous about it because I got my hair cut in Japan before and I when I went to Paris, I got my hair colored and cut. But, I`ve been putting it off because I just haven`t really wanted to do it and I wasn`t sure what a good price is. I asked Momo, resident expert, as I saw a place near my apartment for 1900 yen. She said that`s a great deal, but to keep in mind that sometimes things such as a shampooing cost extra.

So, I went into the salon around 10 am, when they open. I mentioned that I didn`t have an appointment, but that was cool. The girl that cut my hair and I looked at some photos together as my vocabulary for a hair cut really is non-existent. None of the magazines had short hair cuts for women and then she showed me men`s hair cuts. Maybe that was a little too much for me, but the hilarious part about the men`s cuts was that so many of them looked like women to me. This goes back to a conversation that I had with another JET--it`s difficult to tell the men and women apart sometimes. It`s mostly because the men dress so effemminate and apparently they get hair cuts to match. I would also mention that the women are very flat chested here, so you wouldn`t necessarily judge by that either. Hmm.

Anyway, I think it turned out okay. It seems similar to other cuts I`ve had in the U.S. Right now, after it`s been cut and styled, I feel like a cross between a poodle and a mad scientist--that`s normal for me. I just need to wash it again, per usual.

2 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger hereNT said...

So I set you up with a flikr account, show you how to post pics on your blog, and you don't give us a pic of your new haircut?

You suck.

It does seem like every time you leave the country you end up with a different hairstyle, though...

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Bex said...

Hey, I still don`t have the internet at my house to upload the photos. Besides, my hair looks basically the same. I`m not blonde or anything. (Or as they say in Japanese "yankee," although they have no clue what the hell it means.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home