Saturday, August 27, 2005

Ugg...

What can I say? I`m nervous about Monday. It`s the first day of class and I have to give a 5 minute speech in front of the entire school (about 850 people)in JAPANESE! Okay, I`m trying to not think about it too much. Also, I am working on lesson plans. Really, I only have one done. I`m getting a headache working on lesson #2 and the anxiety from the speech. Actually, pretty much everyday at work I`ve had a stress headache. I`ve pretty much just been thrown to the wolves.

I am an "Assistant Language Teacher," ALT for short. So, I am working with 7 Japanese teachers that teach English. There are 3 grades, basically the last three years of high school. The problem is that I don`t know how much Engish any of them know, what they`re already learned, and I really haven`t gotten much help from the other teachers. The trick is to teach them something new everytime and try to thread together a goal of making the lessons fit together into something comprehensible. If I had gone to school to learn how to teach, this might not be so bad, but I have no clue. In every class I have ever taken, we had a text book. Ha! That is not the case here! Good luck to me.

So, I`m on my lunch break trying to brainstorm what the hell else these kids can do in class to speak as much English as possible in lesson #2. BTW, the topic is hair. Hair styles, hair cuts. I`m going to teach them what a mullet is! American culture at its finest. WT style! Yeah baby!

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Felipe said...

Don't forget the

"Hair plugs"
"Comb over"
"Rug"
"Cue Ball"
"Def Leopard Bangs"
"Dread Locks"
"Weave"
"Corn Roll"
"Afro"

etc etc, the mullet is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of bad American hair styles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home