Sunday, September 04, 2005

Nasty River

So, I didn`t get myself into any trouble last night. I had dinner with some JET`s (and even one non-JET)--okinomiyaki and yakinikku. I had a chu-hi there. Later, we chilled by the river in Namba with some flashing drinks. Kindof like last Saturday.

As we were drinking the flashing chu-hi`s, we noticed how disgusting the river was. Momo had mentioned to me before that when the Hanshin Tigers (baseball team) lost, many people jumped into the river. I don`t think anyone died, but they got really sick because the water is that polluted. There were a lot of dead fish floating by, algae, other weird stuff. Not really any trash, which was surprising. When posed the question "What is that?," one guy said "severed gentials." And I said (this is not something I made up, I just remembered the famous Green Mill saying), "Cock and ball soup, Mother Fucker." Everybody died laughing. Apparently, none of them thought I was capable of such vulgar language. (I guess they don`t read my blog...or know me very well, yet.)

A little later, we all noticed that the river was flowing the other direction. Huh. A little while after that, suddenly there were`nt any dead fish or other nasty green stuff drifting by either. And again, the river changed direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home