Friday, May 12, 2006

Ironic

Okay, finally some free time. I`ve been keeping busy with various things lately, but unfortunately not studying as much as I should be. Oops.

Anyways, one of the part-time English teachers that I work with is a HUGE American history buff. In particular, he`s into the "wild west" kind of deal--Oregon Trail and such. My knowledge of even Montana history is sorely lacking. He asked me about Choteau, Montana. First of all, I spelled it incorrectly. It`s a county seat and I couldn`t remember anything about it. As it turns out, here`s what I learned "yielded more information about dinosaur biology during the Cretaceous period than any other paleontology dig in the world," (http://russell.visitmt.com/dinosaurs/eggmountain.htm).

Terrible. This guy knows way more about the west`s history than I do and I`m a frickin` 5th generation Montanan. Hahaha. I should`ve known the county seat of Teton County. I bet my dad could tell you what the county number is too (it`s always displayed on the Montana license plate). I certainly can`t name all 54 counties and their seats. Bad Montanan!

This is starting to make me think I should ask the parents to send me some books on Montana history and geography. A few weeks ago, the same teacher asked me why Anacoda, Montana is named like the snake. All I can say is thank gawd for wikipedia!

Oh the irony never stops...

My teachers always ask me about grammatical questions, hell, I`m starting to lose touch with correct English. Everything sounds pretty good after awhile. I don`t talk to many native English speakers and we all are experiencing English degradation as a group, so... We all suck at English. And that`s why they hired us. Hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home