Friday, June 09, 2006

I`ve been doing a lot of thinking about this

And these are the reasons I hate JR!!!! (That`s the national railway company.) Here`s why:

1. it`s so ghetto compared to my usual train line (I`m being a bit snotty, I know)
2. it`s confusing (6 different destinations on the same platform??? Or, my favorite, if you`re on one particular train, at some point 5 cars go to one destination and 3 go to another! Watch out for which car you board!)
3. you pay extra to take the express
4. the local trains aren`t very comfortable
5. I got kicked out of the "reserved seat" area (not even close to full) on the express train only to go to another car that was virtually the same in terms of comfort and class
6. if you can`t read kanji, then it`s hard to find you`re destination (because often there isn`t any hiragana or romaji either). then you GET to play either guess the kanji reading (from kanji into romaji), guess the kanji characters (from romaji into kanji), or match the kanji.
7. the toilets are often not good...I`ll leave out the details....
8. the JR trains sway more than my usual train line. this especially matters when you are standing because they are no seats. it`s hard to balance.
9. sometimes the names of the JR lines have a second secret name, so if you don`t know the real name and the nickname, it`s hard to find which line you should be on.

That`s all for now. These aren`t in any particular order either. Just oozing from my brain in whatever sequence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home