Monday, May 29, 2006

I hear the whip cracking

Not really. I have one more lesson to write before tests begin. I have an idea as to what I want to do, but need to see if I can find this specific movie with Japanese subtitles. We`ll see about that....

Yeah, I went to Kobe for a conference last week. It was okay. I actually went to everything and didn`t play tennis on the roof like a lot of other people I know. Some of the workshops were great, but the stuff put on by the government sucked ass. It was boring and irrelevant. 1 hour of Q&A, previously submitted questions. Why not just give us a handout or post it on a website? Stupid.

Anyway, it was nice to get away for a few days and better to back. I missed Osaka. It`s only about 1-1.5 hours away, but it`s the city, baby! Of course, Kobe had a lot of the same things anyway, so it wasn`t much different in a lot of ways. The JET`s that live in the country probably thought it was a big deal. Going from a village (500 people) to Kobe population of about 500,000 is a big difference. But, Osaka and surrounding areas is more like 10 million. So, it`s going to a little town to me. (Yeah, I know I`m from Montana. Fuck off. Just because I`m from there doesn`t mean I`m a country bumpkin. Now you know why I think Minneapolis is tiny.)

I`m back. Breathe the city air. Or suburb air. Whatever.

Back to "planning."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home