Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Winding Down

Yeah, the four weeks of vacay is almost over while a couple of my friends' holidays are just beginning. Crazy. 2-3 months of vacay for them. Southeast Asia or Russia and Mongolia. That's where they're headed or going through to get home. I wonder how long it'll take me to get home after I'm finished teaching.

The good news: we have a FLUSHING Western toilet that is actually part of our room. This seems like a luxury after squatting over a non-flushing hole that is only a couple of feet deep, if you're lucky. The bad news: no hot water in our shower. Well, I guess if we're all smelly, we understand.

I only have a couple of more days in Tibet and a couple more in Nepal then we fly to Dehli and back to Osaka. I have 3 flights in about 3 or 4 days...my friend has 4 in 5 days. OMG.

Anyways, I'm not sure what to write about at this point. Either it's become old hat to me already, I've forgotten previous posts, or I'm just too tired to deal with anything. Maybe 8 days in a land cruiser will do that to you. I've seen so many mountains, goats, and yaks that I couldn't even begin to count. I've seen all of the major tourist sites in both Nepal and Tibet, and of course India's most famous Taj Mahal.

It's that time again. I gotta take off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home