Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Rain, rain, rain

Okay, perhaps you are wondering what the hell I ended up doing on Saturday. Really, there aren`t a lot of juicy details from my end; however, there was a lot of craziness. Eventually, we met up at Shinsaibashi (near America-mura, aka America town). There were 5 of us. Soon this morphed into about 15 of us within about 15 minutes. Go team gaijin!

We all went to Club Triangle (my second time) because our JET advisor is friends with the DJ`s that were spinning. They were from London. So, he got all of us in for free. Well, free after you pay 500 yen, but you get a free drink ticket. (Yet again, everything is free, after you pay for it.)

The details would honestly bore you. Lots of JET`s started hooking up with other JET`s. So, people are quickly coupling off. Other than that, the music mostly sucked--way too much 80`s. I caught the first train home and got back around 6:30 am.

Actually, waiting in the train station for the trains to start was incredibly annoying. Usually, I have a pre-paid train card, but I used it all up earlier. So, like everyone else that was finished drinking, I had to wait for the ticket machine to open just to purchase a ticket. As I looked around, one JET was nearly passed out on the counter next to the ticket machine, the other on the floor limp, and a Japanese guy that actually looked quite comfortable and an expert at sleeping in a train station. He was also wearing a suit. Yada yada ya. After I was able to buy a ticket, then I had to wait for the gates to open up to get to the platform. Got that first train and had to wait for my transfer to a LOCAL train. (It`s the only thing that runs first thing in the morning. Locals stop at EVERY stop.)

So, yesterday, all it did was rain. Today, all it`s doing is raining. It`s the typhoon, it`s coming! Okay, so far, all this means to me is a lot of rain. It wasn`t so bad yesterday because my only plans included sleep. Not that I even did much of that. I only got 3 hours of sleep and maybe napped for an hour or two at most. Too much clubbing. The good news is that I didn`t have to ride on the back of anyone`s bike and as a result I didn`t get bruised this weekend. Also, no hangovers. So, I`m in much better shape today than I was after Club Pure.

(^o^)

(For you HereNT)

2 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Blogger hereNT said...

There's a bunch more of them here.

(>,<)y-~~~

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Bex said...

Yeah, I know some of them. The cell phones are set up so that you can just choose which one to send on your e-mail. Much easier than typing it out by hand. (^_^)

BTW, yes, really bad 80`s. Keep in mind that most of the people I club with were born (sigh) in 1982! I`m fer sure the old lady. Admittedly, they did play one Clash song (the DJ was from London, and guess what? it was "London Calling") and one Beastie Boys song. (^^;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home