Sunday, January 22, 2006

Illogical

So, I felt pretty shitty all day yesterday. I woke up at 1 pm, took a nap from 3-5 pm, and headed out intending to catch the last train home. I had to go out--yes, HAD TO. It was a friend's birthday and you got show your love, man.

First, I ate cheap Aden (100 yen). Next, to a British style pub for 2 drinks (a shot that had some 190 proof liquor in it and a Long Island--Jumbo sized) and fish and chips. Then karaoke for some tunes. 1 tall boy. Clubbin' until 4 am--1 tequila sunrise and 2 Sky Blues. Then some grub at a takoyaki joint where we had (of course) takoyaki and yakisoba. Quite an evening.

You would think that 1) I might be hungover (well I'm not really) 2) I would feel like shit because I was already sick and went drinking 3) I might be tired because I went to bed at 7 am and got up around 11 am (but I'm 元気 as hell) 4) my cold would be worse from drinking a lot (it's better than yesterday) 5) I would be unproductive (I've gotten so much shit done, it's crazy). Is that logical? Not to me it isn't.

Maybe it was the nap on the train that helped. Maybe it was the C.C. Lemon (1000 mg of vitamin C) or the aspirin I took before going to bed. I'm not at 100% in terms of health, but fuck it, it doesn't matter. I feel better than I thought I would after pulling an all nighter. I don't even having the aching "dance muscles." Lesson: drink it off. Alcohol really does kill germs.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I keep this up. I think some veggie juice is in order. Compai!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home