Thursday, December 22, 2005

Don`t Let it Snow

Damn! So, it doesn`t snow every year here in Osaka, but today it did. I`m lucky in that I didn`t have classes today which is good because it took me 2 hours to get to school on the bus. Usually it takes 30 minutes. The snow was coming down and it was quite slippery. I saw a woman wipe out on a scooter and someone else on a bicycle.

It was cold on the bus too. I read, took a short nap, it was cold though so it wasn`t very enjoyable. There were 4 students on my bus too. At some point, there was an annoucement which I didn`t understand and I figured that it couldn`t be good. A stop or so later, we were kicked off the bus. The students were waving to me to come with them as this was a couple of stops away from our usual stop. We walked for about 15 minutes and the students (all girls) were freezing and slipping a lot. They were wearing the usual uniform--a skirt and school jacket--but not a coat or gloves.

Why did it have to snow today? Some of my friends are flying back home and my sister`s flying in tonight. Dammit. I was hoping to leave early too, but I think that the bus schedule is fucked up. The students were asking me how and when I would go home today. I couldn`t understand everything that they were trying to tell me.

So, I`ve been sick with a cold the last few days which is why I haven`t posted anything recently. I`m frantically getting ready for the holidays--not happening. I`ve been sucked into watching "24" and loving it. I should be studying, but with this cold, my mind wanders too much and can`t focus at all.

That`s all for now. I did do a lot last weekend that was super fun and cool, but too tired to discuss that now. And I should be "working" but probably won`t get anything done anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home