Sunday, November 20, 2005

The "Grind"

Well, it's back to the grind tomorrow. This week is a weird one though. While the rest of you are stuffing yourselves with turkey and mashed potatoes, I'll be in meetings on Thursday and Friday. We have Wednesday off for "Labour Thanksgiving Day" whatever that means to people in Japan, I don't really know. I already had an oversized piece of pumpkin pie last night from Costco so I'm good to go as far as Thanksgiving food.

This week will be easy for that reason. I hate going to the meetings because they're out of the way, but I get to see a lot of other people that I don't usually see. Also, I have no classes tomorrow. All of my classes are on different schedules because afternoon classes get cut which makes those classes behind. It's all out of sync. So, tomorrow, all I have to do is show up. Not so bad. I need to write some tests that are coming up in a couple of weeks, but that's not a big deal. Ahhhh. Studying Japanese and getting paid for it is a beautiful thing. And the staff loves that I'm trying to improve, it reallly impresses them. The fact that I know any kanji seems to impress them even more. I guess they don't understand that reading kanji is easier to me than learning by listening.

Anyway, it's Sunday evening and almost time for my movie. I hope it's a good one. The tv schedule in my zine wasn't printed for some reason this month. I'll be keeping warm under the kotatsu, drinking tea, and hoping that the taco fest that I just consumed won't kill me (I ate 6 fuckin' tacos, ay caramba!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home