Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Japanese Fire Drill

Not the same as the "Chinese" one that I just partook in on Halloween. But, weird none the less. 6th period (last period of the day), the fire alarms went off as scheduled. I really was only sort of told where to go, I just followed everyone.

I was told that one student from each class would learn how to put out a fire. Yeah, the fire department came, said some stuff (I only caught a bit of it), and started fires for the kids to put out. Weird.

As a side note, the uniforms aren't nearly as flattering as our boys in blue. But, one of 'em wasn't too bad either (^_-). In general, the men just aren't as manly and that includes the firemen.

Anyway, can you imagine letting high school students put out fires? I only knew kids that STARTED fires, not put them out. So, all of these kids were putting out fires and the fumes from the extinguisher went right for the 1st year students. A couple of them were covered in whitish dust--their uniforms are navy blue and their hair was dusted too! Hilarious! Those kids crack me up.

We were outside all 6th period. I'm glad I could understand some of the Japanese, not much though. I was told what the word for fire extinguisher is, so I did learn something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home