Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Wham!

Yeah, for my xmas lesson, I was told that I need to include "Last Christmas"--yep, that`s right a Wham! song. I guess all of the kids know it. I really didn`t understand why at first. I mean, it`s so old that I don`t think I really remember it too well. And I actually remember the 80`s. I guess that some Japanese artist covered it and it was on some drama here. So, everyone, yes everyone, loves it. Or at least knows it.

This week I`m running the same lesson for everyone, less confusing for me and at least everyone is caught up after test week. Weird to have test week, a week of class, then a partial week of class, and then winter break. I think that would suck for the students come next test time--too much time passes and then they forget everything.

So, I`m trying to be on top of my game. I really didn`t do anything last week but sit around the office because I was really unmotivated, it was my birthday week, there were tests, and it was cold so I didn`t want to move. I`ve been huddling around the stove (gas heater) for at least the last week and a half.

I also need to attempt to go xmas shopping. Ha ha. Nobody`s presents are going to be on time--fyi. If you`re lucky enough to get something that is. Shit. I don`t have a lot of money, so I hope you understand. It`s expensive enough buying and sending cards.

Well, maybe I should study some more. I`m just worried that everything I`ve shoved in my brain in the last 2 or 3 days is about ready to ooze out. I`ve been cramming again. I need to finish or almost finish the book that the JET program gives before my sister comes to visit. They send 1 book a month for 6 months of the year. I just got the 3rd book, but I`m barely half done with #2. So, I`m behind but the test for #2 isn`t due until late January. Ugg. I just don`t like being behind. And believe me, I`m way behind the curve on my Japanese as it is. It`s tough to make progress unless I`m cramming all the time. I try, I really do.

Back to the books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home